Looking for a platform to showcase your research and engage with interested viewers?
Submit your abstract for ARM poster presentation competition!
Poster presentations allow the author to meet and get introduced informally with interested viewers, facilitating a greater exchange of ideas and networking opportunities. Poster presentations form a platform and often serve as the first opportunity for investigators to present their work at important scientific meetings
What is poster presentation?
Posters is the presentation of research information in the form of a paper poster that conference speakers and participants may view. A section in the Exhibition area is reserved for the poster session where researchers accompany a paper poster, illustrating their research methods and outcomes. Each research project is usually presented on a specific schedule for a period ranging from 2-5 minutes each.
Presentations usually consist of affixing the research poster to a portable wall with the researcher in attendance answering questions posed by the Scientific Committee. The poster itself varies in size according to conference guidelines from dimensions 90 cm (width) x 150 cm (height), submitted as one piece. Posters should be in Portrait format (other size or dimensions will not be accepted). Poster Materials should be paper or cardboard and should be laminated.
Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- The outline must have an Introduction, Objectives, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions and references (APA)
- Abstracts should introduce aspects related to the conference, contemporary and of added value to the Radiography delegates.
- All Accepted abstracts for posters must be accompanied by a complete conference registration form with payment.
- For any withdrawals, the presenter should notify the *organizer in writing at least 1 month prior to the event.
- The *organizer will not be responsible for any misplaced or damaged posters within the poster area.
- The presentation must cover the same material as the abstract.
Poster Format and Presentation Guidelines:
- Dimensions of the poster boards are 90 cm width x 150 cm height [vertical format only], submitted as one piece.
- Poster Orientation: Portrait format. (Other size or dimensions will not be accepted)
- Poster Materials: Paper or cardboard and should be laminated.
- Poster format should include Introduction, Objectives, Material and Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Poster Title: 30 font size in Arial Black – Body Text: 25 font size in Arial with single spacing.
- Do not use all UPPER-CASE character in your posters.
- The images (radiographic images, clips arts, graphs, diagrams, and drawings) must be in high resolution EPS format (300 dpi).
- Optional: Poster presenters who are interested in printing their poster through the *organizer, should submit it in Pdf. Format. The printing cost for each poster is 200 AED / 55 US$ which is to be paid in advanced.
- Poster frames will be provided at the poster area. A double sided tape will be used to put your poster up. Please note that pins cannot be used on these poster frames.
- Accepted poster presenters are required to submit a PDF. version of their complete poster prior to printing for final approval from the committee.
- All printed posters should be submitted on 31st October 2020 at the ARM Organizer Office in DICEC.
- All poster presenters will be responsible for fixing their posters according to assigned poster board in Sheikh Maktoum Hall, and signed guide from the organization will be available through the fixing process which will start from 31st October 2020. Time to be confirmed shortly.
- All posters should be on display for the duration of the conference.
- All poster presenters should be ready to present their posters on the assigned date and time during the event.
- Each poster presenter will be allotted 2-3 minutes for short introduction for the judges followed by 2-3 minutes discussion.
- Judges will select one winner per category. Date and time to be confirmed shortly.
- Posters should be taken down only at the end of the event.
- All poster presenters will be responsible for the removal of their posters at the end of the conference and the organizers will not be responsible for loss or damage of posters.